A proud native of Texas, Billie Jo is a singer, songwriter, and recording artist blending traditional country vocals with honest songs. Raised by her grandparents, she grew up listening to gospel music and country by the likes of Patsy Cline and Ray Price. Billie Jo started sing anywhere she could at an early age and soon became a familiar face at opries and venues across north and east Texas.
Billie Jo is well on her way of establishing herself as one of Texas country’s upcoming artists to watch. She has won numerous singing competitions and continues to make a name for herself. In 2013, she won the John Ritter Tribute Showcase held by the Texas Country Music Hall of Fame. Her accomplishments and ambition have led her to open for legendary acts such as Gene Watson, Linda Davis, Barbara Fairchild, The Oakridge Boys, and Ray Price. Contemporary artists she has opened for include Justin Moore, Wade Bowen, Cody Canada, Barbara Fairchild, Joe Stampley, Chris Colston, and Lee Mathis.
- 2013 John Ritter Tribute Showcase Winner
- Inaugural Arklatex Music Award Nominee
- 2019 Texas Country Music Awards Female Artist of the Year Nominee
- 2019 Texas Country Music Awards Country Single of the Year Nominee
- Appearances on The Voice, American Idol, and USA Network's Real Country
- The Voice Season 6
- American Idol Season 1
- USA Network's Real Country Top 14
- Thomas Michael Riley Music Festival
- East Texas State Fair
- Grand Saline Salt Festival
- Klyde Warren Park's Memorial Day Music Fest
- East Texas Music Awards